[ExI] Yudkowsky's reply (was: Minsky's Transcript)

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Oct 28 13:28:35 UTC 2007

Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:

> I agree with Marvin that
> Although all these professions have to be integrated on the team to
> prevent the technology from doing bad things.

Isn't that a bit of a pessimistic (and anti-extropic) viewpoint?

I can't help notice that the way that people say things not only reveals
their attitudes, it also affects how other people form theirs.

The implication here is that technology does bad things. Yet, we're all
about technology doing good things. Amazingly good things.

So, how about ".. to help ensure that the technology does good things"?
Do you think that's an improvement?

Just my twopenn'orth.

ben zed