[ExI] comet holmes

giovanni santost santostasigio at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 16:02:30 UTC 2007

I saw the comet in Lake Charles, LA . I went to my mother in law place on sunday, she lives in the country outside town.
The comet was visible with the naked eye, even at low height above the horizon.
To the naked eye it looked like a normal star.
It was in Perseus and it was as bright as the brightest stars in that constellation. I had a pair of 10X50 binoculars and it was immediately apparent with them, that it was not a star but a beautiful fuzzy ball. I could see the nucleus of the comet and the roundish halo arount it.
It was really beautiful.
I will bring my astronomy students out tonight to watch it and use a 8 inch telescope to take pictures. I will try to post them here.

Spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Spike
> Subject: [ExI] comet holmes
>
> Europeans, it should be dark there by now.  Has anyone sighted comet
> Holmes?
> It is at the base of Perseus, below and to the east of the Polaris.
>
> spike

It was cloudy here in Taxifornia this evening.  Any other Americans get a
view of it?

http://mail.yahoo.com