[ExI] earthquake

Anne Corwin sparkle_robot at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 05:53:16 UTC 2007

Spike: I agree (re. the "Internet age" thing).  I wrote briefly here about the quake soon after it happened: http://www.existenceiswonderful.com/2007/10/you-know-youre-in-california-when.html

It was sort of funny -- one second I was standing in the doorway thinking, "OK, is my apartment going to crush my head?" and the next second I was thinking, "Gee, I hope the DSL doesn't go down!"  Priorities!

- Anne

Spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
This is so cool living in the internet age.  I was in the paint store this
evening when an earthquake hit.  Less than an hour later there is a news
story about it on the internet.

I never thought about how heavy are fully stocked shelves of paint until I
saw them swaying like palms in a tropical storm, resonant frequency about
one Hz.  I decided not to go near those paint shelves, in case this was a
foreshock.

http://mail.yahoo.com