[ExI] bees again

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 02:21:51 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> When I found eleven dying bees this spring, I noticed they all had symptoms
> that look like what they are describing, yet I saw no varroa mites or
> trachea mites on any of the bees.  I only managed to successfully dissect
> one bee to verify it had no trachea mites.

I thought about your weak bees this summer as several yellow jackets
chased me from my yard when I was mowing the lawn.  Nasty little
buggers.  I know these are wasps and not really bees, but I have to
admit I had much less sympathy for bees while their angrier wasp
cousins were repeatedly stinging me.  I think the poison ivy is a
preferable lawn threat - at least it can't follow you as you run away
from it.  :)