[ExI] Anti-Aging: Belonging to Literature or Science

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 00:02:05 UTC 2007

Natasha,

I believe it belongs in both literature and science.  Literature lets us
explore the ethical, moral and practical implications of anti-aging long
before science will be able to achieve it.  That is the nature of science
fiction. It allows us to imagine and prepare for the future.  It entices us
and encourages us to work towards that future and make science fiction
science fact.

I am convinced that aging is a matter of information loss due to inadequate
replication and error correction at the body's cellular level.

Eventually we should be able to recapture the correct information by
stimulating the growth of fresh cells through stimulating regeneration of
cells from stem cells once we understand the chemical activation codes used
in the maturation process.  We are also now learning how to regress cells
back to the stem cell state so that they can be rebooted so to speak and
allow the same or an alternate cell types program to be reinitialized in
them.

I have no doubt this will happen.

I work towards the singularity that we might see it in our lifetimes.

Gary