[ExI] singularity summit on foxnews

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Sep 13 06:28:13 UTC 2007

Dear Spike:

Please don't waste your cpu cycles on Fox news....

I have so little time to read mainstream news, that I must be very
selective. Usually The Economist (the world news is phenomenal) is
enough for me. I get my general science news from other sources
(Science News, for example)

In general, I'm very skeptical with any mainstream media perhaps
more now with watching the skewage of US and Italian reporting
in the last 5+ years.

If I'm searching for an item in the media I check Google News:

http://news.google.com/news?ned=tus  (this one is the US focus)

so I can see a list at a glance (and switch between countries, if I'm
skeptical with what I see),

The Singularity Summit:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=tus&q=singularity+summit&btnG=Search+News

or I check sources like this:

http://beta.newstrust.net/
(which didn't have any items on the Singularity Summit)

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Associate Research Scientist, Planetary Science Institute (PSI), Tucson