[ExI] a couple uses for kudzu

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 04:17:49 UTC 2007

> On 9/14/07, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> > Consider the plant kudzu.
>
> Yes. I will be the first to admit that I do not care much for the
> success of kudzu, nor I identify much with its destiny. ...

Kudzu must be nearly the most prolific plant there is.  That stuff grows
like crazy.  Seems we should be able to grow the stuff intentionally, then
harvest the leaves to grind and ferment sto alcohol.

We should even be able to use that techniqu to sequester carbon dioxide in
the form of dead kudzu leaves, should we decide that sequestering CO2 really
is a good idea.  We could drill vertical shafts in the desert a kilometer
deep and ten meters in diameter, then dump in tons of ground up kudzu
leaves, then pump in sea water to kill the bacteria that would turn the
stuff back into CO2.