[ExI] a couple uses for kudzu

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 13:17:15 UTC 2007

On 9/15/07, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Kudzu must be nearly the most prolific plant there is.  That stuff grows
> like crazy.  Seems we should be able to grow the stuff intentionally, then
> harvest the leaves to grind and ferment sto alcohol.
>
> We should even be able to use that techniqu to sequester carbon dioxide in
> the form of dead kudzu leaves, should we decide that sequestering CO2 really
> is a good idea.  We could drill vertical shafts in the desert a kilometer
> deep and ten meters in diameter, then dump in tons of ground up kudzu
> leaves, then pump in sea water to kill the bacteria that would turn the
> stuff back into CO2.

Irrespective of the technical merits of this idea - on which I frankly
have a few doubts; but I am not an expert of the relevant fields -
*this* is what I mean for a transhumanist attitude. Lateral thinking,
proactive stances, problems into opportunities, no superstitious fears
to disturb supposed "natural balances".

Stefano Vaj