[ExI] People of Faith, not

David C. Harris dharris234 at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 15 22:58:14 UTC 2007

Damien Broderick wrote:
> I was musing here a while back about the need for a good term to
> place in contrast with the sanctimonious "People of Faith"--
About 5 years back, we in the freethought community in the SF Peninsula
area liked the word Reason, as in
Communities of Reason
Reasonable People
People of Reason

I also like the word Evidence, which contrasts nicely with Faith.
People of Evidence, People in Evidence, People with Evidence.

In the same spirit of how the scientific method differs from faith,
People who Test, People who Check, People who Wonder, People of
Falsifiable Ideas (OK, not catchy).