[ExI] Global Warming Skeptics as Interview Subjects?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 17:57:54 UTC 2007

At 05:52 PM 9/30/2007 +0100, BillK wrote:

>You can probably find more 'scientists' that deny the theory of evolution.
>Some even still deny that smoking causes cancer.

By a happy coincidence, I understand that Fred Singer was one of
these latter. One quote: "Fred Singer is an Exxon shill. He used to
work for the Tobacco industry, saying that there was no clear link
between smoking and lung cancer."

A rather hysterical site gives some details: <
http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Singer-Seitz.html >

Another: "before that he shilled for the sugar industry, I
believe....  I once did a great deal of research on the role of
nutrition and behavior in prisoners and children.  Amazing results
which Singer led the way in debunking as I remember, then it came out
who was funding him." This might not be correct; hard to see what an
atmospheric physicist would be doing speaking about sugar, but hey,
what was he doing talking about the safety of tobacco?

Damien Broderick