[ExI] EP and Peak oil.

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:02:21 UTC 2008

John Clark> You can fantasize about nuclear fusion (hot or cold) or vacuum
zero point
> energy all you want but the cold hard reality is that right now only 5
> technologies have the potential to replace oil. All of them would give
> Green
> Party tree huggers a tizzy fit (but then everything gives them a tizzy
> fit);
> and none of them are exactly cheap, except perhaps the last if we did it
> just right. They are:
> 1) Coal
> 2) Tar Sands
> 3) Oil Shale
> 4) Methane clathrate, (the least developed technology)
> 5) Nuclear Fission

What about geothermal? The hot bed geothermal seems simple enough and very
feasible. I simply can't understand the fact that we are sitting on a
fireball the size of the Earth and yet we don't try a bit harder to use it's
power.