[ExI] solar cell innovation

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 04:09:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>  Speaking of roads, we could make them glassy smooth, so as to obviate
>  inefficient rugged duty vehicles for most applications.  This enables
>  vehicles that are much lighter, with light duty suspension.  It isn't that
>  hard to maintain roads to glassy smoothness.

It would help enforce your proposed speed limit - there's not much
traction on "glassy smooth" roads. :)

You should visit the northeast corridor, we have difficulty keeping
asphalt free of potholes.  I'm sure you could employ all the
future-science you could dream up, but the plumbers will still tear it
up to install plumbing after the surface is perfect -- and throw a few
lumps of asphalt in the trench to replace their divot.

I agree with you about freight hauling being an area for
consideration.  I disagree that passenger hauling is worth the effort.
 We should be moving more knowledge workers to virtual presence and
let them stay in their home offices.  I'd like to travel as a luxury
rather than a requirement of employment.