[ExI] harlotry again

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:41:06 UTC 2008

Spike wrote:
I honestly don't get it.  Disgraced former governor Spitzer pays thousands
for what appears (to me) to be a pretty ordinary hooker:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state/ny-stkristen-pg,0,1566228.photogallery

Yet this brilliant Oxford scholar, jaw dropper, stunning babe as well as
monster brain, only gets hundreds?

I just don't get it.  A harlot with whom one could actually carry on
meaningful conversation (possibly even about mathematics!) and yet no
premium pricetag?  Someone do explain.

A big part of the discrepancy here is that this former Oxford scholar has
evidently horrific emotional/self-esteem problems that emerged in a way that
pushed her toward self-degradation and self-destruction.  She was not a
fairly "normal" attractive young woman trying to pay for college by
discreetly engaging in high-end prostitution "on the side."  This was an
extremely psychologically messed up girl who was driven to degrade herself.
Sadly, she is hardly alone in doing these sort of things (and though I don't
know the full details) and I tend to feel really sorry for her
former husband.  I bet she put him through hell.

John