[ExI] The L5 Society ( was: EP and Peak oil.)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Apr 8 05:48:40 UTC 2008

Me:

hkhenson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>

> That's not a lightweight solution

Who cares, nanotubes are strong and you only have to do it for a short
distance.

> plus the fact that atomic oxygen will eat the rubber.

Well regardless of that observation I tend to think that criticism doesn't
forever destroy the possibility of space elevators ever carrying power and
rendering the concept physically imposable, as mythical as perpetual motion.

> Building power sats from the ground is a possible step into space where
> space industry/colonies are not.

I don't quite know what you mean by that.

> Do you remember who I am?

Yes I do, you're the fellow who started the L5 society and from that I can
only conclude you are a better man than me. I mean that Keith, I hope you
don't think my arguing with you over this small point as any sign of
disrespect.

  John K Clark