[ExI] A Small New Horizons Milestone

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Wed Apr 9 05:39:19 UTC 2008

A word from the New Horizons mission principal investigator (Alan Stern) -

Today the spacecraft is 810 days from launch and 405 days from Jupiter
closest approach.  That is, the spacecraft has spent as many days
post-Jupiter as it took to get to Jupiter.

At the very end of May, New Horizons will be 25% of the way to Pluto in
days- so we are about to enter the long middle of the journey that will
last until early 2013. 2652 days to go to Pluto Encounter (2015).

"Vigilance is our watchword," he says.  :-)

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado