[ExI] The L5 Society ( was: EP and Peak oil.)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:13:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>  See the book:
>    _The Seven Laws of Money_ -- Michael Phillips
>    http://seeingmoney.org/SevenLaws.htm
>  Example:
>
>  "THE FIRST LAW-- DO IT!
>  Money will come when you are doing the right thing. Focus on the passion
>  rather than the money. Worry about your ability to do it and your
>  competence to do it, but certainly do not worry about the money. There
>  will always be obstacles. It is the energy generated by the commitment
>  to an idea that propels a project toward success. Do not integrate your
>  own need to make a living with the needs of a project. "

Heh!  :)   I never took you for a hippy, Bryan!   :)

I suppose it's not too bad a book for the 70s culture.
Hang loose, do your own thing and make a budget..

But , like I said, a half a dozen really keen geeks won't get to run a
huge project like a space elevator.

For personal finance advice, try:
<http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2007/03/07/building-a-personal-finance-library-25-of-the-best-books-about-money/>

BillK