[ExI] plain text

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:47:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:24 AM, spike wrote:
>  As moderator, I am not sure how to deal with this question.  Jim is sight
>  impared and wants to use the ExI chat features by speech synthesis.  I don't
>  know enough about how that system works to make a useful suggestion, so I am
>  most open to ideas.

Spike and Lee's messages above, in this thread, are fine examples of
the type of plain text messages that Jim prefers.
Security paranoid people (like me) also prefer to avoid HTML and attachments.

The 'Boffins' message from Stefano is an example of the HTML formatted
messages that add lots of duplicated stuff and coding.

If you are using Gmail to compose a message, this is avoided by *not*
clicking on the 'Rich Formatting' option.
'Rich Formatting' is gmail's way of saying 'HTML formatting'.

BillK