[ExI] Use of Irony, or Miscommunication? (Was Re: Global Temperatures to Decrease)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:37:44 UTC 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> I think there are four entirely different issues involved in Global
> Warming from a H+ point of view:

Excellent idea.

> i) does it exist in the first place?

1.1) Does our personal enhancement depend on the climate remaining? What
about the feasability of space habitats, colonization, getting off the
rock?

> ii) assuming that i) is true, is it anthropogenic

This is just assigning responsibility/blame. This is bogus -- either
way, something has to give. Whether or not it is our problem.
(Remember, we are assuming that 1 is true and that it *is* our problem
since ultimately it does influence us.)

> iii) assuming that i) is true, and irrespective of whether ii) is
> true or not, is it an entirely negative development?

Is it negative with respect to transhuman technologies?

- Bryan