[ExI] Slavery in the Future

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:34:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>  That jump doesn't make sense to me. Given a group of agents that are
>  interacting with each other, let them stabilize their own system and
>  see how things can work, I doubt assuming one broad, overall system is
>  the best of all things is a good idea. You can publish dictionaries and
>  protocol handbooks, sure, but don't become the Grammar Police.

Brian,
I am sorry to have to do this, but as you were disrespectful to the
Grammar Police, I had to report your message for adjudication.

Report from Grupenfuerher 473 (English Sector)

Line 2:  Use "each other" to refer to two people. Use "one another" to
refer to two or more people.
Line 3: Should be full stop after 'work', not a comma.
Line 3:  'assuming' is often confused with 'presuming'.  "Assume"
means "to accept without proof". "Presume" means "to accept before
proof is established". You might have got away with it this time, but
we have our eye on you now.
Lines 1,5: We'll let you get away with "doesn't" and "don't" this
time, but watch it!

BillK  ;)