[ExI] Yesterday's Mashed Potatoes

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 20:59:13 UTC 2008

Ric Strongitharm wrote:
I appreciate the input.  I'm not a newbie to this list.  I've followed the
relevant discussions of "self", "consciousness", uploading, etc. but my
question was still bouncing around.

Ric, I understand where you are coming from.

you continue:
Suppose a person is, bit by bit, replaced by prosthetics including his
brain, hypothetically, of course.  At some point that person would lose
memory and something that, up to that point has been absolutely subjective.

Many would like to think this person would never really feel that different
as the organic to machine transformation occurred.  I am not so sure.

you continue:
I have a number of cool hints to explore from the leads provided in the
above replies.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for the contributers to this list, and
will find other places to ask questions.

I also have a great amount of respect for the very bright, educated,
curious and imaginative minds on this list.  But I feel it would be a big
mistake to simply take your questions elsewhere, and give up on freely
sharing your thoughts here.

Ric, consider yourself hugged.  Now, Keith, it's your turn to hug him.
C'mon...

John Grigg  :  )