[ExI] Mercy for our Grammatical Policeman

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 22:52:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Lee Corbin wrote:
> From: Der Herr Corbin, Groveling Swine Class IIa
>  To: Grammatikpolizei Obergruppenfuhrer 235 (English Sector)
>  Subj: Mercy!
>
>  Oh, please, please, rescind your order concerning our
>  beloved Grammatikpolizei Gruppenfuerher 473, who
>  I am sure is deeply ashamed and embarrassed by the
>  misspelling. You see, I am now totally addicted to the
>  humor of these exchanges!

No need to worry, Lee.
Grammatikpolizei Obergruppenfuhrer 235 (English Sector) has already
been severely castigated.

Obviously while under the influence of the mysterious green beverage
that he sips through a straw, he had temporarily forgotten his basic
training. Spelling and grammar are not the same thing: good sentence
structure does not guarantee correct spelling, and vice-versa.

Perhaps a six-month transfer to our associates, the Spelling Police
(British English Sector) will improve his attitude. This transfer is
an especially sadistic method of retraining as he is from the US. This
means that he will be constantly harassed by officials correcting his
spelling.  If he survives this six-month torment, he will return as a
much humbler Obergruppenfuhrer.

BillK