[ExI] Slavery in the Future

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:04:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at insightbb.com> wrote:

>  I ran into my own tissue concoction talking back to me recently. The other
> day my teen daughter decided not to clean her room and stated that she never
> asked to be born and that she resents all the stuff we make her do (which is
> almost nothing but she sees it otherwise). Of course she can claim
> self-ownership, which means I can't harm her.

### Well, self-ownership doesn't mean she may not be harmed, it only
means that she may not be subjected to violence. This is not the same,
since you may choose to inflict harm on her by rescinding your
permission for her to enter your house, or eat at your table. After
all, unless she earns it, she only owns herself...

Rafal