[ExI] Fame meat

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 22:24:33 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Kevin Freels wrote:
> I don't think that the vascularization or the scaffolds are an issue.
> The rules don't specify that it has to be like a chicken muscle. I
> think it would be fine if we could make sheets, grind them and make
> chicken nuggets. Maybe McDonald's should get in on the research
> funding.

The problem with sheets is the surface area to volume issue plus
dependencies on the amount of nutrients that can be supplied to the
cells. So a giant 2D grid of cells. Okay, that's great, you can
effortlessly get nutrients to them since you have both sides
accessible, but then this means that you also have tons of overhead per
slice, and how many slices are you going to need to do in order to get
any significant output?

- Bryan