[ExI] Blackford and Egan on >H

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 04:40:22 UTC 2008

> Humanity is changing now, so let's deal with the present problems on
> the ground.  We're up to our eyeballs in transhumanism in the present,
> if anyone bothered to notice.
>
> PJ

Absolutely! Being active for the cause of Transhumanism seems like
being active for Gravity. The stuff is happening, it feels a lot more
like a description of / way to understand the present and near future,
than an ideology that we are striving towards. I think you see that on
this list in particular, it's not a hotbed of activism. We all get on
with our day to day lives (many "transhumanist" in small or large
ways), and pop into this nice little salon, drink cups of tea, and
chat about related comings and goings. Good conversation, nice
company, terribly civilised, it's lovely to be sailing into the future
with you all. Toodle pip!

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com