[ExI] Blackford and Egan on >H

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:28:29 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008, MB wrote:
> Question: do we have any examples of cyborg-like medical
> interventions that *are* heritable? Nothing I'm aware of - but the
> times they are a-changing so perhaps this too will occur with gene
> work?

Genetic modifications that you make, especially to the brain structures
that induce the resulting brain to make similar such genetic
alterations to brain structures as well. I want to try this out with
rats, having them tap into some viral gene therapy on a lab on a chip
in their head, with a neural interface, and then letting them run wild
and see what emerges.

- Bryan