[ExI] hgh

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:29:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Alan Brooks
> > <alaneugenebrooks52 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > > is hgh worth its price?
> > >

> > ### No. In fact, unless you are a pituitary dwarf you shouldn't take
> > it even if you were paid.
> >

>  This is rather unusually opinionated without giving reasons for you.   Many
> would disagree with the above opinion and I don't think they are all fools.
> So what is your reasoning?

### There is no evidence of any beneficial effects of HGH in
non-deficient persons. Even the sarcopenia data are not highly
convincing. There is absolutely no indication that HGH prolongs
survival, and in fact, lifetime overexposure, in cases of pituitary
gigantism or acromegaly, tends to be associated with premature aging,
development of diabetes, and premature death. I know that there is a
lot of speculation and hype on this subject but I haven't seen any
double-blind studies in healthy adults confirming benefits.

Rafal