[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 30 15:08:01 UTC 2008

> Agreed that the FLDS people were doing wrong.  The critical question now
> becomes this: if I show you a neighborhood with teen pregnancy numbers
> similar to these, is the government obligated to go into that neighborhood
> and seize all the children who live there?
>
> spike

Ouch. That was so observant that it just smacked me in the face while I
wasn't looking. We have a lot of abuse and neglect in my own small town
and most of the time these parents just get a "talking to" by child
protective services despite the fact that "everyone knows" what lousy
parents they are. And yes, many of them turn up pregnant - sometimes as
young as 12. But I guess it's not entirely the same. These are most
often girls impregnated by other kids at their school. It seems that the
biggest concern isn't the teen pregnancy. It's the age of the penis that
caused it.