[ExI] Just curious..i'm always there..what is majority?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Aug 6 14:32:09 UTC 2008

I think this clip has had so many hits because the song is about hope.
Visually it manipulates the viewer by showing children crying, starving,
stranded.  Juxtaposed is an image of a stunningly beautiful face.  If one
image does not get to us, the other will.  She does not have the vocal
quality of Whitney Houston by any stretch, but she is lovely to look at.
The song is not pleasant to my own ears, but again, the images of the
children are tender and causes the viewer to want to hold them and nurture
them.  The end of the video the children are smiling, which provides the
viewer with a placebo effect that we "feel" emotionally that we did
something good by watching this video.  The only problem I had  with the end
is that her voice became a bit harsh on my own ears, rather then nurturing
and causing me to "feel" sensorially good.

Best,
Natasha

Natasha Vita-More
BFA, MS, MPhil/PhD Candidate, Planetary Collegium
Faculty of Technology, School of Computers, Communication and Electronics
University of Plymouth, UK

Arts and Design - NBIC+ Convergence
H+ Europe