[ExI] "Handle With Care" - NYT Article

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 12:23:51 UTC 2008

Olga Boulin>Similar questions are being raised about nanotechnology,
robotics and other powerful emerging technologies.
>There are even those who suggest humanity should collectively decide to
>turn away from some new
>technologies as inherently dangerous.

[rant mode on]
Why there are allways people who'll never learn that it's not possible to
close a can of worms once opened? The history tells us that every
technology, once attained, will be used.
And then there's terraforming. We do it one way or the other since we made
the change from hunters to farmers. And it's totally chaotic and unplanned
and usually with a lot of collateral. Why not do it in a more rational way?
Damn luddites...
[rant mode off]