[ExI] Human extinction

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:35:34 UTC 2008

2008/8/20 Amara Graps <amara at amara.com>:

> That's why I don't want pitocin to induce labor because that'll break
> the system of the longitudinal muscles and circular muscles working
> together. If something is administered to push the baby down when the
> other parts of the body are not ready, the baby will be bonking her head
> which will lead to fetal distress which will lead to more intervention
> and so on. What a mess the hospitals do to what is usually a very simple
> and natural process.

Natural, yes, but I've never seen anything close to the amount of
suffering I've seen on the labour ward in any other area of medicine.
I suppose having your bones shattered in a car accident might hurt as
much, but you don't see injured people in emergency departments
saying, "No morphine! I want to do it naturally!"

--
Stathis Papaioannou