[ExI] Human extinction

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Aug 22 10:32:49 UTC 2008

> Stoned?  Were these unusually difficult births?
>
> If not difficult births ... then, WHAT???  Just a decade ago?  Where was
> this?
>
> My two children were born in San Francisco (Kaiser Hospital, on Geary
> Boulevard) nearly 40 years ago, and I was 100% awake throughout each
> procedure (which I watched in a mirror).  I still remember the interesting
> thoughts I had while I was going through these rather unusual events, and
> the conversation I had with my husband about our few-minutes'-old daughter -
> how she looked like his mother.  Then I was on the phone within an hour
> talking to people.

This is the same reaction I had when reading spike's message. We had conversation,
there was active participation, there was joy and delight and laughter (and pain,
yes) and within an hour there were phone calls to family and closest friends.

We did know people who were out altogether, but that usually turned out to be
something was going wrong in the delivery process.

I've heard that the C-section is now sometimes preferred as a way to avoid lawsuits.
Bizarre.

Regards,
MB