[ExI] Human extinction

Fri Aug 22 22:45:30 UTC 2008

From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>
> Still no word from Harvey?  I do hope the lad can swim.

Actually, I'm high and dry in Washington, DC.  However, my partner and house
are being deluged.  Happily, being native Floridians, all my relatives and I
have houses that are higher than the 100-year flood plain.  We may be on
temporary islands for a while, but we don't actually have to swim.  The
houses built in the last few decades tend to be within the flood plains,
inhabited by newcomers who didn't realize they would be underwater every
decade or so when a hurricane hits hard.

Note:  Since Fay has not reached hurricane status yet, none of the insurance
company's exclusions on hurricanes apply.  All of this counts as "normal"
storm damage and "normal" flood damage.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI GSEC IAM ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP