[ExI] META: observation/comment [re: Megan's Law]

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 02:56:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Mike wrote [re: Megan's Law by Eric Richardson]
[ followed by excepts of the original interlaced with commentary from Lee ]

In my opinion* that was one of your most amusing posts of late.  I
found it particularly funny that despite agreeing with the overall
point of the article, you were(are) so critical of the word use and
sentence structure of every paragraph - some of which the author may
even admit to pandering, but you never miss an opportunity to nitpick.
 :)

* of course it is my opinion; who else's opinion could it be?  I
sometimes vacillate over including this kind of contextual clue in
order to spare the reader's "feelings" / introduce a concept to which
they may object or to strip language down to the barest means of
conveying intent.  Considering how little intent I seem to convey
successfully, I'm still not sure which is the more efficient approach.