[ExI] Fw: upon pondering your next million years

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat Aug 23 22:39:25 UTC 2008

Samantha writes

> Olga Bourlin wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKG5l_TDU8
>
> Excellent!   :-)

I'll raise that and double!  Most, most excellent,
expecially for the any who appreciate G&S.

> The Singularity is Near I found rather repetitive of prior ideas
> and quite rambling with some very questionable opinions and
> current views mixed in.  It is not on my favorite books list.
> I enjoyed the Spike much more at the time

It's rather better written, and the focus is tighter, even if it is older

> I read it although that could in part be because it was my first book

Well!  I'm glad at least Damien was able to pull you away
from your monitor.  We should probably make sure that
the schools all carry this book, because so many children
absolutely never read books these days, and there may be
one or two out there on whom it will have the same effect!
Let us hope.

Lee