[ExI] Human extinction

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 13:41:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:02 AM, spike wrote:
> Lee have you ever counted the commandments?  There are already 11 of them.
> No kidding, see Exodus chapter 20.  I know we often hear of the ten
> commandments, and we use a figure of speech for a really good rule as the
> 11th commandment, but if one actually counts them, there are eleven there.

We call them ten commandments because we have ten fingers and that is
the easy way to remember them.

Of course, these declarations from a savage, primitive tribe who lived
in a world of magical powers and sorcery, where slavery was customary
and women were property, and whose God ordered genocide on neighboring
tribes, orginally had a completely different meaning to the hygienic
modern version served up by religious leaders.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/lewis/lewten0c.htm

BillK