[ExI] Subject: Re: Human extinction

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 14:29:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Harvey Newstrom
<mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> Actually, while I was Googling last night in response to this thread, I ran
> accross the statistic that over half the women who refuse pain-killers
> change their mind and demand pain-killers during the actual labor.  Even
> under their determination not to use them, most of them cannot.

Yes, and so it is the case for people who object to painkillers on
health or naturist grounds, and then develop an occasional migraine.
And some women, unless they are administered c-section, do have more
difficult than average labours, owing to the fact that troubles in
giving birth has become a less and less selected-off trait.

But I understand that highly motivated, bold, hard, fully-conditioned,
ready-to-martyrdom Al Qaeda executives crumbled after five minutes of
officially-endorsed, non-life threatening torture, albeit winning the
admiration of US agents who could never stand forty seconds of it.

How can we suppose that far-from-heroic women who at least in the
framework of a "normal" labour manage to do without drugs are simply
brain-washed to do so? Screaming may well have physiological or
evolutionary purposes, their interpretation by the proximate public as
extreme pain being possibly one of them.

Stefano Vaj