[ExI] Got blog!

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 02:48:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I stopped working full time about a year and a half ago, and it's
taken me this long to adjust. Phew! But adjust I have, and now it's
time to do something really productive with that time.

But better than doing something would be to blather on about stuff at
great length, so I've decided to do that.

I've kicked off three new blogs, as follows:

"point7" (http://point7.wordpress.com) is a serious blog that my wife
Jodie and I are writing together, on downshifting, materialism, and
maybe the possibility of finding an authentic life. The title refers
to my shift to 0.7 of full time work hours. This blog is where I'm at
my most hardcore, and will probably irritate capitalism enthusiasts.

"Speaking of Freedom - Great speeches of our time"
(http://speakingoffreedom.blogspot.com) is a video feed blog, strictly
for talks and speeches loosely about freedom and creativity in the
internet connected world. Very specific, but I do run across these
things, often long and excellent. It might become a miro channel if
things work out, but in any case you can subscribe to the cast at
http://feeds.feedburner.com/SpeakingOfFreedom. I actually created it
as a channel for myself, because I like a place to put these kinds of
talks so I can watch them at my leisure, but you might find it
interesting too.

"Actualizer" (http://actualizer.wordpress.com) is a link blog of stuff
of interest to people who do stuff, culled from the zillions of lists
and feeds and nonsense that I subscribe to in this eWorld. Curt
descriptions, interesting links.

Hopefully these are of interest to some of you.

Also, as mentioned above I subscribe to a lot of lists and feeds and
so forth, but I always want more. Who's got blog? Or got
recommendations?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com - my home