[ExI] End of Story? Re: QT and SR

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Aug 26 03:03:37 UTC 2008

Serafino writes

> It is not safe for spaceships to fly one after the other,
> because their computers desynchronize, and their travellers
> age differently.

Well, *some* might see that as a safety issue! It's too bad
that you have hereby alerted the U.S. Federal government
about this supposed safety issue, because surely by the
time the new administration takes office, we'll be burdened
with yet one more staff full of government bureaucrats
drafting new legislation, conducting studies, and (of course)
plotting constantly on how to increase the size and scope
of their unit.

> It is not safe to use a single looong spaceship, because
> the front and the back like to accelerate differently and
> ... people who take seats in front age differently from
> the people who are on the back.

But that's only true if the engines are separate and spread
throughout the length of the spaceship.

Lee