[ExI] Vinge finally cracks the NYT

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:46:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Daniel Grisinger wrote:
> Bryan Bishop wrote:
>> BTW, don't you find it odd the lack of schematics for printing presses on
>> the internet? I looked into this and it turns out that Gutenberg immediately
>> went into commercial businesses. Huh.
>
> I had never noticed until I just went to google it.  And what few pages are
> there appear to quickly mire away into dead links and bit rot.

Kids these days!  ;)   They think the world started in 1990!

'X is not on the Internet' is not the same as 'X doesn't exist'.

People have been tinkering with printing for centuries. From huge
printing presses down to anarchist leaflets. You need to visit
printing museums or libraries.
Even books like the Whole Earth Catalogue or the Anarchist's Cookbook
would probably help. And I am sure there are many other similar books.

BillK

P.S.
And,  (rant) what's even worse is kids doing Google searches and
assuming that if what they want isn't in the first twenty results -
then it doesn't exist!!  (rant end).   ;)