[ExI] searching for a particular game...

*Nym* nymphomation at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 00:12:53 UTC 2008

2008/8/29 John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>:
> I am wracking my brain for the name of a bygone pen and paper
> roleplaying game that probably came out around twenty-five years ago.
> I do not remember the title or the company that produced it, but it
> did have a science fiction/fantasy theme and the artwork was high
> quality and with a buccaneer/swashbuckling theme.  The game came not
> as a single hardcover book (as so many rpg games do now) but as a
> boxed set, with a variety of booklets and maps inside.  What really
> stood out to me was a very cool technological/historical timeline
> chart showing the development of artificial intelligences, starships
> and various other super-tech wonders.  It would have made Anders drool
> a bit. lol
>
> Please help if you can!

Aside from Traveller, which wouldn't have been the one, I can only
recall 'Space Opera' and the rather more mainstream 'Star Frontiers'..

HTH

[ See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Science_fiction_role-playing_games
.. ]

Heavy splashings,
Thee Nymphomation

You wouldn't just throw away your class G star
when it ran out of hydrogen, would you?