[ExI] Terrorist? Who can tell?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Aug 29 08:43:14 UTC 2008

At 08:16 AM 8/29/2008 +0000, BillK wrote:

>If you go into the large areas of London where mostly non-white people
>live, you will see about about 3 million people that look like Al
>Qaeda members to the profiling eye. This information is totally
>useless.

This is so self-evident I can't imagine what Lee is on about. Unless--

>[Lee:]
> > I understand. We should use profiling only when it works, but
> > when it *does* work, it *should* be used, I think you'll agree.

Lee, do you perhaps mean "I'm sick of standing in line and taking my
damned shoes off when it's perfectly apparent to anyone who knows
that the only terrorists around my parts are Muslims from [swarthy
parts of the globe], so they should use racial profiling to let me
and people like me get on with our business without being molested."
This wouldn't help catch terrorists, but will save a lot of grief for
many humans.

Until the first little old white-haired white woman is waved through,
and blows the hell out of an aircraft, or releases a lethal
bacterial/viral attack in a crowded airport. Why did she do it? Maybe
she was furious that McCain got elected after all. Maybe she has
terminal cancer and was paid half a mil by swarthy terrorists,
providing college scholarships for her grandkids. Maybe she thought
the bottle held cough syrup for the unpleasant rasping she'd
developed lately, prescribed by that swarthy doctor who runs the clinic.

Or perhaps Lee means something entirely different.

Damien Broderick