[ExI] Terrorist? Who can tell? (indeed)

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Aug 30 14:25:55 UTC 2008

At 10:24 PM 8/29/2008, Lee wrote:

snip

>Here is what George Bush should have said the day after 9-11:
>"By Executive Order I command that *all* airline travel proceed
>exactly as scheduled and with no interruption in consequence of
>this attack. Henceforth, all passengers are ordered

Bad wording.  "Expected" or encouraged would be more in American
tradition.  "Ordered" tends to upset Americans.

>to physically
>overcome anyone attempting to hijack an aircraft. The completely
>unprepared passengers of Flight 93, who learned that they were
>going to die anyway if they did nothing, exemplified heroic behavior,
>and so must all of you, should this ever happen again. Knowing your
>resolve, we may be sure that hijackers will fear your canes, your
>heavy books, and your weighted handbags and will realize that
>they never will have a chance against determined Americans."

A better approach would have been to insist that every plane have a
minimum number of passengers who were trained and carried
guns.  Issue guns at the gate if need be.

But with respect to the rest of Lee's thoughts on this subject, take
a look here:

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2004/10/15/story645704087.asp

Who is less likely to be a terrorist than an obviously pregnant white
woman?  She wasn't of course,  and yet . . . .

Keith