[ExI] who should white shoot?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 00:35:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM, The Avantguardian
<avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mr. Pink, who is an even better shot than Mr. Black was, takes an empty
> six-shot revolver from his small arsenal of handguns, loads a single round into
> one of six chambers, spins the cylinder, and hands the pistol to Mr. White.
> Mr. White is to go first and they will take turns until one of them dies. Mr.
> Pink offers to go first in exchange for *all* of Mr. White's loot, recently
> upgraded to 3 million dollars. Mr. White notices Mr. Pink is gently stroking
> the Desert Eagle .50 automatic he has holstered at his waist in anticipation of
> any funny business. What should Mr. White do?

Given our earlier observations of White's ability to hit what he's
shooting at, he should strive really earnestly to shoot himself in the
head; and kill Mr Pink when he misses.

If that's not an option, he should realize there's little hope of
surviving - either the Russian roulette gets him, or Mr. Pink will
shoot him immediately following a miss.  Therefore his best hope is
that Pink expertly spun that single shot into the firing position and
through a series of deft maneuvers, position himself close enough to
his opponent that he can attempt to preemptively murder Pink.