[ExI] I don't understand students: help !

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:00:56 UTC 2008

My friend teaches biology (including the big intro/non-major class) at
Pepperdine and she makes all her students submit assignments typed and
submitted to her through turnitin.com, to check against both Internet
and other student's submission sources.  She makes it clear the first
day of class, that beyond the school's honor code rules (which it's
not her job to tell them), she will fail anyone who plagiarizes and
they will leave her class.  End of story.  Everyone (so far) has
obeyed.

While turnitin.com has its issues, apparently it is enough of a
deterrent to work for her.

PJ