[ExI] I don't understand students: help !

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:29:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Anna Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Really? What happens to the social aspect of it? Students today as I see them are
> not very sociable and you want to make computers more unclosed in a 4 wall room?
> Doesn't that make it more secluded? How are are people supposed to learn if not
> surrounded by different people?

There have been many proposals on this list and in the past from other
sources for all sorts of community learning centers, libraries to get
more involved in new forms of archiving information to be displayed to
youngsters, fablabs as a truly humanitarian education (*do* stuff,
act, that sort of thing), etc. I also think this falls in line with
some of the proposals regarding switching over to teachers competing
for specific students, which our Hungarian list subscribers might be
able to comment more on (m1n3r?).

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507