[ExI] Impending Newtonmass... what should I buy theatheistinmylife?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 21 15:18:33 UTC 2008

________________________________

	From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Olga Bourlin
	Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 6:40 AM
	To: ExI chat list
	Subject: Re: [ExI] Impending Newtonmass... what should I buy
theatheistinmylife?

	From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> >
	To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
<mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> >
	Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 10:09 PM

	> Even the most hard core atheists among us know all the lyrics to
christmas songs.  We do, right?  No matter how hard we try to not know those
words, we know em anyway.  We have been mind raped, even the radical
Presbyterians, and they are not happy about it at all.  There is nothing we
can do.

	Yes there is.  It's easy - one can simply ignore Christ-mass (I've
done it for 25 years).  And If I didn't grow up in a cultural Christian
household to begin with, there would be nothing to ignore.  Even with the
secular components that have been added to Christ-mass, many "other"
religious groups do not do Christ-mass.

	> Or rather there is.  Find ways to ridicule the songs.  Many of
them contain
	funny stuff. <snip>  ... I shoulda been a writer for Saturday Night
Live.

	Yes, you would definitely be able to liven things up for even that
jaded crowd! (Although, you know, in these difficult economic times the SNL
people have simply resorted to stealing stuff ... observe how much interview
footage they've managed to lift almost verbatim from Sarah Palin's
interviews earlier this year ... ;).

	Olga