[ExI] Impending Newtonmass...

Filipe Sobreira warlordbcm1 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Dec 24 02:40:35 UTC 2008

Maybe, but it DOES mean "Merry Christmas" in spanish.

My 2c

Filipe

 "Adtollite portas principes vestras
Et elevamini portae aeternali
Et introibit rex gloriae.
Quis est iste rex gloriae?"
(Psalm 23(24):7–8a)

________________________________
De: Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
Para: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 23 de Dezembro de 2008 22:11:33
Assunto: Re: [ExI] Impending Newtonmass...

At 11:04 AM 12/24/2008 +1030, Emlyn wrote:

> > "Feliz Navidad" works in Texas and other Mexico-adjacent states of the US, I
> > imagine. It could be uttered with a sort of optimistic transhumanist air,
>
> Doesn't that just mean "Merry Christmas"?

Not at all. For a long time I thought it had to do with Felix the Cat, one of my favorite cartoon animals, but being here in San Antonio surrounded by military personnel I see that it's somehow related to Fearless Dads in the Navy, most of them apparently Hispanic or black.

Damien Broderick

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com