[ExI] Fwd: [wta-talk] Scientific literature organizational tools

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:29:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 1:16 AM, samantha <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> Why would you have 200 pdfs open at once exactly? You don't have the screen
> space.  And I thought I kept a clutter desktop. :-)

http://heybryan.org/shots/2008-06-07_polymerase.png
http://heybryan.org/shots/2008-07-10_wine_brainbow_fail.png
http://heybryan.org/shots/inspiration/Superkuh_Jan22_06_desk_112956055_53fe3cf020.jpg
http://heybryan.org/shots/inspiration/notstevebutjoe/IMG_0865.JPG
and http://heybryan.org/shots/ in general.

Some of us don't like having just two or three monitors. So at four or
eight workspaces per monitor, and going up to eight monitors, that's
64 separate screens for tracking various things going on.

Anyway, I browse at 300 to 400 tabs, read lots of papers, and kind of
do these things "all at once" in deep recursive habits that'll
probably end up killing me one of these days - "scruffy kid found dead
at keyboard, news at 11".

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507