[ExI] Impressive book: Farewell to Alms

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Feb 3 21:15:29 UTC 2008

> Subject: Re: [ExI] Impressive book: Farewell to Alms
>
> Spike said :
>
> >>...Labor is taxed heavily in
> Mexico, whereas illegal Mexicans in the US pay no tax at all.
>  Under those conditions anyone would work their asses off
> abroad, then go home for a nice siesta. >>
>
> Spike this is a misconception.  Many illegal aliens fill out
> their W2 information when they start jobs using invalid or
> other peoples social security numbers...

I have heard this, altho I do not understand why they would do such a thing.
I can take you down to the local hardware store right now and show you half
a dozen sturdy looking amigos standing around in the parking lot.  Everyone
knows why they are there.  You can hire them to work at any labor job for 15
bucks an hour, cash only por favor.  I am told they are worth every cent,
and are a far better deal than hiring the local teenagers for not job that
does not require English skills.  I can imagine that no taxes are paid, for
it isn't clear to me why or even how they would pay.