[ExI] Social Graph visibility akin to pain reflex

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 4 07:45:28 UTC 2008

--- "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong at pobox.com> wrote:

Here's the rub - in order for this to happen, the
userbase of these social networks are going to have to
push for it. This userbase is already mostly
comfortable sharing their information publicly. It's
the rest of the huge population NOT on certain
social networks and NOT sharing their information
because of their lack of trust of these networks. It
is these people who would then become social network
participants if a robust trust relationship system
were in place and seamless enough for them to assign
metrics to both people, groups and privacy
preferences. Alas.

Anna writes:
Yes, I agree, great point.
The problem lies within preferences.